10 Fun Facts About Thomas Rhett
We’re so excited to say that Thomas Rhett is one of headliners for our 5th Anniversary of Carolina Country Music Fest! Can you guess who the next headliner will be? We decided y’all should know a little bit more about who is performing for y’all!
So, obviously we know he loves his wife more than anything because almost every song he writes is about her. GOALS, right?? Here’s 10 fun facts most people probably didn’t know about Thomas Rhett!
- We found out he likes to jump in the crowd at his concerts – literally! That’s a good thing to keep in mind for all of our Super VIP and VIP ticket holders!
- Did you know his dad, Rhett Akins, wrote some of the greatest country songs for artists like, Josh Turner, Brooks & Dunn, Luke Bryan, Joe Nichols, and more! Also, he may or may not be performing at CCMF this year!
- When he was in middle school, he learned to play the drums. When he was good enough, his dad would let him come onstage and perform with him. Does he get the Father of the Year award or what??
- When he was in high school, he was in a punk-rock band called, High Heeled Flip Flops. The lead singer sang in a British accent and the whole band died their hair jet black. Pretty rebellious if you ask us!
- When he was in college, he got used to playing in front of crowds by being a member of Tau Phi and playing at frat parties! College isn’t for everyone so, he decided to drop out and focus on his music career because he never could make up his mind on a major.
- Thomas took some dance lessons to make his performances better, (we’re very excited to see this), and people wanted him to be on Dancing with the Stars, but he said no because he feels like he’s not on that skill level. Him and his wife talked about it and he told her he doesn’t feel comfortable leaning some other girl back while she’s sitting there watching. He keeps proving to be the epitome of everything a woman looks for in a man!
- He’s a family man! He said his dad’s career made things very stressful on his parent’s marriage because he was gone a lot so, Thomas brings his family with him on tour. In an interview, he mentioned how he always makes sure he’s involved with his family and steps in to be the best father he can be to his adorable little girls!
- He doesn’t just sing and write his own songs. He’s written songs for some of country’s hottest artists such as, Florida Georgia Line, Jason Aldean, and Lee Brice! Like father, like son!
- When it comes to his music, he was always influenced by Eric Church, Bruno Mars, and Justin Timberlake. It’s a different, but great approach to the country music we have today.
- We learned he’s not the best when it comes to social media. Y’all think Lauren helps him out every now and then? Haha!
So, there y’all have it. Now, you know a little bit more about the life of Thomas Rhett. We can’t wait to see him rock out for y’all in June to give y’all an unforgettable weekend at CCMF! See ya soon, babes.