Carolina Country Music Fest presents Brothers Osborne
Artist Announcement | Nov 9, 2018
They’re very different as you can tell from their music and we can’t get enough of them! We can’t wait to have these kick-ass, call it like they see it, siblings we call, Brothers Osborne! Here’s some facts you might not have known about them.
- Their first album, Pawn Shop, isn’t just a title. It’s a hobby. Every new city they go to, they find different pawn shops to see who can find the coolest thing. Can we be friends, now?
- Striped Bass is Maryland’s state fish. They are from a small town in Deale, Maryland.
- They have a very unique style. Lead singer, TJ, has a thick voice like Johnny Cash which gives them that rock sound. Lead guitarist, John, plays that old bluegrass and soul sound. It’s a combination we never knew we needed!
- They played in a band called, Jax n Jive in high school. They won the Battle of the Bands contest at their high school in 1999.
- Elevation 2’ is the elevation of Port Saint Joe which is their newest album title. This is where they recorded the album.
- The brothers used to play with their father in a cover band and would go perform at all the local bars in their town.
- These brothers speak their minds about anything and everything they believe in; whether people are listening or not. You always get the real them and that’s another way they’re so different.
- You can tell by their songs they are true to their roots. They know struggle from growing up in blue collar, little town. They don’t want to hide who they are from people.
- Their album, Port Saint Joe, was released on April 20. Their song Weed, Whiskey, and Willie is exactly 4 minutes and 20 seconds. Coincidence or not, that’s impressive.
- Their song, Rum, is about creating your own little paradise. Ours is in Myrtle Beach!
Can it be June, yet? We’re ready to see all your faces again! Get ready to party like never before at the 5th Anniversary of Carolina Country Music Fest! See y’all soon!